A Task Force that is outstanding in reducing and ultimately eliminating illegal trade in wild fauna and flora in Africa.
To support the member states and collaborating partners in reducing and ultimately eliminating illegal trade in wild fauna and flora through:
- Facilitation of cooperative activities in undertaking law enforcement operations,
- Investigations on violations of national wildlife laws,
- Dissemination and exchange of information on illegal trade activities, and
- Capacity building including promotion of awareness.
- To facilitate cooperative activities among the National Bureaus in carrying out investigations pertaining to illegal trade;
- To investigate violations of national laws pertaining to illegal trade, at the request of the National Bureaus or with the consent of the Parties concerned, and to present to them evidence gathered during such investigations;
- To collect, process and disseminate information on activities that pertain to illegal trade, including establishing and maintaining databases;
- To provide, upon request of the Parties concerned, available information related to the return to the country of original export, or country of re-export, of confiscated wild fauna and flora;
- To perform such other functions as may be determined by the Governing Council.